2D/3D CAD Designer
Salary - up to £40k
Inc Retail exists to nurture and transform brands, providing them with a platform to grow and perform exceptionally in an ever-changing omnichannel environment.
We are a home for exciting brands in the fashion, apparel, beauty and food & beverage sectors. We span the retail, franchise and wholesale industries and are actively looking for new acquisitions.
Inc Retail has recently announced the exciting acquisitions of luxury accessories brand KNOMO LONDON, one of the country’s highest-rated providers of luxury bags and Chop'd, the sustainable high street eatery.
Sitting within Inc & Co enables Inc Retail to offer our collective of brands support from our network of companies including property, digital & marketing, and data.
It is in our DNA to nurture, not control the brands within Inc Retail. We are looking for a talented multidisciplinary designer that works across interiors, brand and graphic design, to join our team to work across our growing collective of brands.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director of Inc Retail, you will work across each of our brands in the group and be instrumental in helping deliver new design concepts and schemes for stores and online. In addition to working with our growing collective of brands you will have the opportunity to work on our exciting and transformational lifestyle schemes that the Inc & Co group intend to deliver nationwide across retail sites, combining retail, F&B, leisure and flexible workspace.
We are looking for an experienced multidisciplinary designer that has worked in interior design roles with experience in graphic design. You will be adept at 2D and 3D design and will have a holistic approach to designing for brands to create omnichannel experiences in the physical and digital worlds. You will have a thorough understanding of our brands, their customers and products. You will live and breathe retail, whilst having a diverse portfolio delivering for brands across a range of retail sectors. Experience in the hospitality sector is also preferable, but not essential.
This position will require someone who is dynamic and highly creative, we are interested in talking to designers who have a love for both beautiful and functional design. You will be someone that is constantly up to date with trends and will have a strong desire to engage consumers and connect them with our brands. The responsibilities would include, but not exhaustive of the following:
- Managing creative projects to deadline, ensuring that they meet brand standards & guidelines Generating fresh concepts and providing recommendations on how best to approach design projects
- Designing for projects including print, in store graphics, and digital advertising/marketing campaigns, email banners, infographics, social media posts, collateral, POS and interior / spatial design.
- Experience in video (GIFs, short video content and motion graphics) is desirable but not essential.
- Brand building and development; you will help to conceptualise new brands and evolve our existing ones. This will include creating brand guidelines, new brand assets such as logos, choosing font pairings and developing colour palettes.
- Create and present mood boards and concepts, including hand drawing, 2D and 3D drawings of interior and graphic design concepts.
- Sourcing photography from paid and free image libraries, where required.
- Lead the way for design standards; sharing best practice and occasionally providing cross-business support to other designers who sit within the group
- Work in partnership with the Creative Director to continue to grow our brands with a focus on how they communicate, engage the consumer and present across all channels.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about creative concepts and projects.
- 5+ years professional experience in design studios delivering interior and graphic design projects.
- Excellent graphic design skills using Creative Suite. Drawing by hand is also preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent 2D and 3D spatial design skills using Vectorworks CAD. Drawing by hand is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience in various outputs of design, with versatility in your style and techniques
- A love for the craft of design and a desire to deliver high-quality output
- Plus, strong conceptual design skills and an understanding of developing a visual language and design system
- Comfortable at both end of the design spectrum; concept design through to detail design and implementation.
- Excellent organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Fluent in English both spoken & written
- Experience of delivering creative solutions for a range of businesses and industries
- Impeccable eye for detail and expertise in layout, typography and imagery
- Strong project management, multitasking and decision skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A roll you’re your sleeves up attitude and low ego
What we offer
- A friendly and flexible working environment
- Competitive salary and chance to grow within the business
- Ongoing development
- A business where your opinion counts
- A culture that rewards hard work, entrepreneurial thinking and Innovation
Club 100 Company Benefits
Club 100 is what we call our company benefits at Inc & Co. All employees at Inc & Co and its companies receive a beautiful welcome pack that includes a laser-etched Chilly's water bottle, custom-designed Ampersand Lanyard and Club 100 membership card to use across our ever-expanding list of companies. Benefits include; Cycle to Work scheme, Virtual GP, Volunteering days, and our yearly live music festival, Inc Fest. For the complete list, visit: club100.incandco.com