Business Development Manager - Skylab
Skylab is a world-class digital innovation agency that specialises in the digital transformation and evolution of organisations, through the creation of successful digital strategies, websites and web applications.We improve awareness, engagement, participation, governance and revenue, helping organisations to become more operationally efficient, scalable and commercially successful.
We help organisations grow, with measurable ROI.In June 2020 Inc & Co acquired Skylab. Inc & Co is a creative collective that brings agencies together, empowering them to offer a dynamic portfolio of services.
We are looking for someone who will seize the opportunity to build, grow and maintain relationships with senior prospective clients at Skylab. To create and convert new business opportunities will be key. You will be the initial point of contact for most prospective clients, so it’s crucial you demonstrate a boundless energy, are self-managing and have a real passion for what we do.
In your day to day role, you’ll be talking tech to potential clients. You’ll have support from some of the best developers, group leaders and Head's of Agency around to help you learn quickly about the power of digital strategy, websites and applications to transform our clients’ businesses. You will already have experience working in a similar role in a digital or software development agency looking to make a step up.
This is about consultative selling through knowledge, passion and added value. Hard-selling is exactly the opposite we are looking for. We offer amazing services at Skylab, so all you need to do is find out what our clients need and want and work on a consultative approach, show them what we can do to help them, and close sales.
You will enjoy dealing with an incredibly broad range of clients, with diverse projects from start-up entrepreneurs, to larger businesses wanting websites and applications that can help their teams function more efficiently. Engaging clients and exciting them about bringing their project to life is a crucial, and also one of the best, parts of the job.
- Service existing client relationships and cross-sell and up-sell
- Responding to inbound enquiries and diary management
- Achieve monthly activity KPIs through giving a top-quality service
- Networking, events and exhibitions on a regular basis
- Sharing your experience with, and supporting the team
- Preparing proposals and SLAs in line with KPIs
- You will create high-quality partnerships and sales leads, convert prospects into clients, manage the sales process and achieve sales targets.
- You will also create new business proposals and presentations, issuing our standard contract for all new clients.
- Closing deals
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Desire to achieve set KPIs
- Passionate about achieving sales through service and relationship management
- Friendly, confident and empathetic
- Excellent people skills
Skills and Experience
- Understanding and passion for digital and software development
- Previous experience of working in a similar role in a digital agency or in software development
- Proven sales record within digital
Perks and Benefits:
- Cycle scheme
- Free bicycle repairs
- Free health screening and tests
- Mental health support
- Volunteering days - help out a Charity of your choice
- Paid Birthday meal for you and one other
- Milestone celebrations
- Regular social events
- Referral scheme
- Free breakfast on Mondays
- £750 training budget