Inc Retail is the home for exciting brands in the fashion, apparel, beauty and food & beverage sectors.
We span the retail, franchise and wholesale industries. With a team of retail experts, designers, marketing managers and industry specialists, we nurture and help our brands to reach new audiences and connect with their customers with a deeper engagement. We constantly work with and invest in our brands to help them grow and evolve. Our brands include; Chop’d, Gut Instinct, KNOMO London, Laundrapp & Tootsa.
Tootsa, part of the Inc Retail group, is seeking a motivated and creative Childrenswear Designer to join our team at our London head office. The Childrenswear Designer works closely with the country manager and the group’s creative team in a collaborative environment. He/she will be expected to work cross-functionally with internal teams, delivering core and seasonal product collections in line with brand handwriting. The successful candidate will have excellent appreciation for good, innovative yet commercial design and extensive CAD/ technical drawing skills. A strong understanding of the product manufacturing process (Europe and Far East) and ability to follow a critical path is essential.
- Design and develop products from initial concept right through to production, based on design briefs and brand vision.
- Research seasonal innovative materials and colour trends.
- Research on seasonal graphic direction.
- Create sketches and produce technical specification packs, focusing on maintaining consistent design language, quality and aesthetics across the collection.
- Effectively manage design development process, working closely with factories to ensure samples are created correctly and deadlines are met.
- Conduct fittings and provide accurate sample comments for factories.
- Produce seasonal line plan and manage distribution within the business in a timely manner.
- Organise design meetings and seasonal product presentations within the business.
- Collate, place and manage sample orders and assist with organising sample requirements for other teams.
- Manage and communicate product information within the business, ensuring everything is up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain sample archive and material library.
- Carry out market and competitor’s analysis in terms of product and pricing positioning in different markets.
Experience & Skills required:
- Referenceable experience in childrenswear design and textile graphic design for premium market.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as MS Office is essential.
- Strong sketching/ drawing skills.
- Good eye for spotting upcoming trends and be commercial at the same time.
- Attention to detail at the highest level.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks/ requests, while working under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to travel when required.
Club 100 Company Benefits
Club 100 is what we call our company benefits at Inc & Co. All employees at Inc & Co and its companies receive a beautiful welcome pack that includes a laser-etched Chilly's water bottle, custom-designed Ampersand Lanyard and Club 100 membership card to use across our ever-expanding list of companies. Benefits include; Cycle to Work scheme, Virtual GP, Volunteering days, and our yearly live music festival, Inc Fest. For the complete list, visit: club100.incandco.com