Over the past ten years Wood for Trees has improved the fundraising efficiency and value of some of the UK's best-known not-for-profit organisations, working with clients' data and database systems to make them better informed and more effective. In a wider context we consult on strategic development, protecting and enhancing our clients' revenue streams for the future. We've built a reputation for providing valuable insight, strategic advice and pragmatic action that can have a significant effect on the bottom line. We are also expanding our analysis services and data science capabilities to support other areas of operational performance and assessment within the third sector such as impact reporting, digital transformation and management dashboards across the organisation.
We are in need of a Consultant Analyst to join our growing team. Wood for Trees is a leading provider of data and insight services to the Charity sector. We love what we do because we help some of the UK’s best-known charities raise more money, increase supporter engagement, and improve the positive outcomes they can deliver. We are looking to recruit a Consultant Analyst to shape and lead the nature and quality of the analysis work at a strategic level conducted across a client portfolio. They will need to develop and nurture client relationships and identify new projects and opportunities.
We expect the best from our employee’s; in return, we are committed to developing careers and pathways that give each individual the best prospects and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role, using client data within an analytical environment.
- Ability to derive and communicate insight and meaning from large and complex datasets
- Experience of direct marketing techniques including knowledge of basic campaign metrics and targeting.
- Understanding of database structures and the ability to manipulate large datasets.
- Understanding of data science and visualisation techniques
- Ability to manipulate and present data within software applications such as Excel, Tableau and PowerBI and more
- Excellent planning and time management skills with clear, concise communication skills.
- Methodical, pragmatic, questioning mind.
- Experience of SQL for querying databases and extracting datasets.
- Use of R, Python, SAS or similar statistical software suite
The Consultant Analyst will play a key role in the Data Analysis team, reporting to the Director of Analysis. If you have strong data storytelling abilities and can use insight to make key business decisions, then this is an excellent role in which to progress your career. The successful candidate will have a responsibility to ensure that work is delivered on time, within the scope and provide value for our clients.
As a Wood for Trees Consultant Analyst you will be expected:
- To conduct data analysis
- To support other analysts to shape and develop data and analytical projects according to client specifications.
- To support analysts in the presentation and delivery of analytical projects to clients.
- To meet and talk to clients to present or discuss projects and new opportunities
- To spot opportunities, direct work and recommend solutions.
- To take lead responsibility (alongside account directors) on income targets across a client portfolio
The successful candidate will have a love of problem-solving and be comfortable working collaboratively. They should have the confidence to build relationships with both internal teams and external customers, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience with a strong background in data insight and analysis
- A good understanding of how data & insight is used in commercial decision making
- Strong SQL and data presentation skills
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences
- Experience using data science tools such as R or Python
- Interest in data visualisation
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Economics or STEM subject is preferred but not essential