Dev Ops Engineer
incforge is a managed service provider using next-generation technology to provide IT solutions, we are a Cloud & DevOps consultancy. We are based in Bath and work with businesses throughout the country to provide cloud, hybrid and on premise solutions. We value businesses and their success and we pride ourselves on working in close partnership so we can deliver the best solution to meet everyone’s needs.
We are looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit for the team, and would love it if you displayed the following qualities:
- Self-starter, quick learner and likes challenges.
- Team player with a constructive attitude to challenge but buys into the commitment when the team makes a decision.
- Great problem-solving skills, copes with uncertainty and risk.
- A drive to test and tune performance across systems, understanding the interplay between various systems.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, able to handle stress well.
- Genuine enthusiasm for operations and development processes.
- Willingness and desire to succeed and go over and above what is expected
As a DevOps Engineer, you care about designing secure, reliable and scalable software architecture and infrastructure. You will have a deep interest and passion in delivering value to customers by automating manual tasks, monitoring systems and environments as well as building tools that make it easier to run and maintain infrastructure and services.
Our Tech Stack
At incforge, we rely heavily on the following tools, technologies and services:
- AWS and GCP to run the majority of our infrastructure
- Golang to write code, including infrastructure tooling and backend services
- React to develop intuitive user interfaces to help manage our infrastructure better
- Docker and Kubernetes to orchestrate and run services for our customers
- Datadog/Prometheus/Grafana to monitor and alert on infrastructure problems
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on support or engineering role
- Strong experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools such as DataDog, Prometheus/Grafana or similar
- Developed practical knowledge of AWS/GCP and the services they offer (Professional Certification is a bonus!)
- Experience and knowledge of container technologies and orchestration (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Development experience in Golang and NodeJS
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and software development
- Strong Linux Systems Administration skills (preferably with CentOS/RedHat)
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all of the boxes - we are looking for someone that has a majority of the required experience, but we’re also looking for those who are keen to learn!
Club 100 Company Benefits
Club 100 is what we call our company benefits at Inc & Co. All employees at Inc & Co and its companies receive a beautiful welcome pack that includes a laser-etched Chilly’s water bottle, custom-designed Ampersand Lanyard and Club 100 membership card to use across our ever-expanding list of companies. Benefits include; Cycle to Work scheme, Virtual GP, Volunteering days, and our yearly live music festival, Inc Fest. For the complete list, visit: club100.incandco.com