Marketing Manager for Wood for Trees
Established over 10 years ago, Wood for Trees is recognised as being the UK’s leading charity data analytics and database management business. Wood for Trees help charities and other not-for-profit organisations make a difference by helping them generate and utilise their money, more effectively by helping them get the most from their data. This means more of the money they raise can be spent on their respective causes helping create a better society for all. We've built a reputation for providing valuable insight, strategic advice and pragmatic action that can have a significant effect on the bottom line.
We now have ambitious growth plans and are looking for someone who will report into the Head of Sales & Marketing to lead and deliver on an enhanced marketing programme as we switch our focus from largely service led sales to a more product-led marketing driven approach.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for our marketing plans to co-ordinate and deliver a comprehensive marketing programme to support our sales targets. You will lead our day to day communications and PR and be able to provide strategic reporting, analysis and insight to direct the programme.
In your day to day role, you'll be talking and writing about the products and services that Wood for Trees offers to the charity market. You will need a good understanding of the charity sector and its needs (specifically in areas of data analytics and data management) and be able to effectively translate those needs into marketing content for our products and services. If no direct charity experience, you will need to demonstrate similar experience and the ability to quickly adapt and learn in a new sector.
- Full accountability for the company’s marketing performance
- Liaising with Head of Sales & Marketing, and other key stakeholders, to develop marketing plans and strategies
- Content writing and delivery for blogs, white papers, case studies and PR
- Lead on the delivery of webinars and other industry events and exhibitions
- Maintain and update the website and social media feeds with all relevant content
- Own the consistency of brand in all messaging and documentation
- Work with sales and accounts team to support client engagement and social activities
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to write marketing content
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of modern marketing platforms
- Friendly, confident and empathetic with excellent people skills
- Minimum 2 years in a marketing management role, ideally in the charity and/or data analytics sectors
- Experience of product-led marketing strategies