Retail Graphic Designer
Inc Retail exists to nurture and transform brands, providing them with a platform to grow and perform exceptionally in an ever-changing omnichannel environment.
We are a home for exciting brands in the fashion, apparel, beauty and food & beverage sectors. We span the retail, franchise and wholesale industries and are actively looking for new acquisitions.
Inc Retail has recently announced the exciting acquisitions of luxury accessories brand KNOMO, one of the country’s highest-rated providers of luxury bags and chop'd, the sustainable high street eatery.
Sitting within Inc & Co enables Inc Retail to offer our collective of brands support from our network of companies including property, digital & marketing, and data.
It is in our DNA to nurture, not control the brands within Inc Retail. We are looking for a talented graphic designer to join our team to work across our growing collective of brands.
We work to live the life we’ve always dreamed of - Knomo designs accessories that keep up with wherever life takes you. Wherever you are right now, this is your office.
We source the finest full-grain leathers and durable, premium fabrics, and we use strictly custom hardware. Our studio HQ based in London is a collaboration of industrial design and fashion design to ensure every product delivers on both style and substance.
Chop’d the sustainable salad eatery began trading in Leadenhall market in December 2004. Our vision was to bring fast, healthy, British sourced food to the lunch market, predominantly targeted at city workers.
Our benchmarks were that we would only serve food that we would be happy to feed to our children and to treat our customers how we would like to be treated ourselves. We still adhere to those principles today.
We're the people that bring laundry and dry cleaning services straight to your door. Laundrapp covers dozens of towns and cities across England and Scotland. In 2019, we merged with a dry cleaning company, Zipjet, and in 2020 the combined business was snapped up by Inc&Co.
Now as part of the Inc&Co family, our energetic team of drivers, logistics managers, customer care agents and central support staff are flying the Laundrapp banner and striving to not only improve our service but expand it to more locations than ever before. Key to this, of course, is our trusted cleaning partners, who provide decades of expertise and help put the laund in Laundrapp.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director of Inc Retail, you will have a thorough understanding of our brands, their customers and products. You will live and breathe retail, whilst having a diverse portfolio delivering for brands across a range of retail sectors. Experience in the hospitality sector is also preferable, but not essential.
This position will require someone who is dynamic and highly creative, we are interested in talking to designers who have a love for both beautiful and functional design. You will be someone that is constantly up to date with trends and will have a strong desire to engage consumers and connect them with our brands. The responsibilities would include, but not exhaustive of the following:
- Managing creative projects to deadline, ensuring that they meet brand standards & guidelines
- Generating fresh concepts and providing recommendations on how best to approach design projects
- Designing for projects including print, in-store graphics, and digital advertising/marketing campaigns, email banners, infographics, social media posts, collateral, and POS.
- Experience in video (GIFs, short video content and motion graphics) is desirable but not essential.
- Brand building and development; you will help to conceptualise new brands and evolve our existing ones. This will include creating brand guidelines, new brand assets such as logos, choosing font pairings and developing colour palettes.
- Create and present mood boards and concepts
- Sourcing photography from paid and free image libraries, where required
- Lead the way for design standards; sharing best practice and occasionally providing cross-business support to other designers who sit within the group
- Work in partnership with the Creative Director to continue to grow our brands with a focus on how they communicate and present across all channels.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about creative concepts and projects.
- Bachelor degree in graphic design or similar
- 5 years professional experience
- Excellent graphic design skills using Creative Suite. Drawing by hand is also preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating experience in various outputs of design, with versatility in your style and techniques
- A love for the craft of design and a desire to deliver high-quality output
- Plus, strong conceptual design skills and an understanding of developing a visual language and design system
- Excellent organisational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Fluent in English both spoken & written
- Experience in delivering creative solutions for a range of businesses and industries
- Impeccable eye for detail and expertise in layout, typography and imagery
- Strong project management, multitasking and decision skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- A roll you’re your sleeves up attitude and low ego